Guests (significant other/spouse/partner/family) are welcome to join a registered attendee for the conference.
- Guests signing up to stay on campus housing are automatically assigned to room with the registered attendee unless specified otherwise.
- A double room has 2 twin beds. If a registered attendee is bringing more than one guest, additional guests will be staying in separate rooms. No roller beds are available. If there is an odd number of people (ex. 1 registered attendee + 2 guests), GNSI conference committee member may assign a roommate to fill the second bed.
- Each guest must pay for each night they plan to stay on campus housing. No sharing of beds.
- Since housing/dining are joined, guests are eligible to eat meals at dining halls for the days they are staying on campus.
- Guests are invited to attend evening social events: Sunday night portfolio sharing, Monday night exhibit reception, Tuesday night annual auction, Wednesday night annual banquet, and Friday night mural reception (2017 only).
- If guests elect to attend the evening social events, please indicate the nights they wish to attend and include the total amount to the registration form. Guests may attend as many or as little events as they wish.
- Guests are also welcome to sign up for workshops and field trips. Please indicate workshop/field trip choices on the registration form. Guests and registered attendee are not required to take same workshops/field trips.
Example: GNSI member April is bringing her husband Ben and her sister-in law Christine. They decide to stay on campus, and all three of them will pay the housing/meal fee for each day they decide to stay. Since each dorm room can only hold 2 people, they will reserve 2 rooms.
Ben will stay in the dorms/telework/walk around campus during the day and meet April for meals. He is interested in attending all evening events: Ben’s guest fee will be $10 x 4 days + $45 banquet = $85.
Christine wants to go tour the local museums and explore downtown and eat meals with April and Ben on campus. She only wants to come to Monday evening event: exhibit reception. Christine’s guest fee will be $10.
April wants to take a scratchboard workshop. Ben wants to go to the arboretum and rafting. Christine wants to go rafting and take a colored pencil class. They do not have to go to same workshop/events. They will pay for each workshop/field trip and submit their choices along with payment when April fills out her registration form.
Still have questions? Check out Registration FAQ